May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Church near Conn. shooting site evacuated after bomb threat
NEWTOWN, Conn. (Reuters) - A Roman Catholic church in the town where a gunman shot dead 20 school children was evacuated on Sunday after a bomb threat was reported by officials during services.
After searching St. Rose of Lima church, police determined it was safe to re-enter, though the building remained closed for the rest of the day, an officer at the scene said.
The church is about a mile from Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults and then himself on Friday.
Police on Sunday also warned of threats and false representations on social media sites, and said they were investigating for possible criminal violations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- Former editor indicted on child porn charges - 1
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 1
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Warwick Mills scores $94.3 million contract from Army for body armor - 0
- Rangers win in overtime, stay alive for Game 5 - 0
- Hanefeld shoots 74 at Senior PGA - 0
- Price tag to restore chimney about $1m - 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424