Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Church near Conn. shooting site evacuated after bomb threat
NEWTOWN, Conn. (Reuters) - A Roman Catholic church in the town where a gunman shot dead 20 school children was evacuated on Sunday after a bomb threat was reported by officials during services.
After searching St. Rose of Lima church, police determined it was safe to re-enter, though the building remained closed for the rest of the day, an officer at the scene said.
The church is about a mile from Sandy Hook Elementary School, where a gunman killed 20 children and six adults and then himself on Friday.
Police on Sunday also warned of threats and false representations on social media sites, and said they were investigating for possible criminal violations.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Ice storm threatens the region
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424