Home » News » Public Safety
Christmas shoppers arrested in Salem over parking space
SALEM - Nothing says the holiday season more than shoppers loaded down with bags full of gifts inside crowded malls while outside angry motorists battle it out over scarce parking spaces.
That was the case Sunday afternoon when six people found themselves in handcuffs after a fight broke out over a parking spot at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Six people from Lawrence, Mass., including a 16-year-old, were taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct. They included the male teen, who will have his case heard in juvenile court, and Freedery Ledesma-Sosa, 21, Victor Pena, 18, Robert Hughes Jr., 18, Robert Hughes, 38, and Talecha Barthelmy, 24.
The five adults were each given a summons to appear Jan. 28 in 10th Circuit Court-Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 6
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 7
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire