Home » News » Public Safety
Christmas shoppers arrested in Salem over parking space
SALEM - Nothing says the holiday season more than shoppers loaded down with bags full of gifts inside crowded malls while outside angry motorists battle it out over scarce parking spaces.
That was the case Sunday afternoon when six people found themselves in handcuffs after a fight broke out over a parking spot at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Six people from Lawrence, Mass., including a 16-year-old, were taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct. They included the male teen, who will have his case heard in juvenile court, and Freedery Ledesma-Sosa, 21, Victor Pena, 18, Robert Hughes Jr., 18, Robert Hughes, 38, and Talecha Barthelmy, 24.
The five adults were each given a summons to appear Jan. 28 in 10th Circuit Court-Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council