Home » News » Public Safety
Christmas shoppers arrested in Salem over parking space
SALEM - Nothing says the holiday season more than shoppers loaded down with bags full of gifts inside crowded malls while outside angry motorists battle it out over scarce parking spaces.
That was the case Sunday afternoon when six people found themselves in handcuffs after a fight broke out over a parking spot at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Six people from Lawrence, Mass., including a 16-year-old, were taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct. They included the male teen, who will have his case heard in juvenile court, and Freedery Ledesma-Sosa, 21, Victor Pena, 18, Robert Hughes Jr., 18, Robert Hughes, 38, and Talecha Barthelmy, 24.
The five adults were each given a summons to appear Jan. 28 in 10th Circuit Court-Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driving lesson turns into car accident in Laconia - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Berlin building - 0
- NY man stable after destroying classic Porsche 911 in Route 16 wreck - 3
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Teen hurt in Amherst boating crash - 0
- Ceremony for fallen police officers honors service and sacrifice - 2
- Amtrak suspends New York-Boston service after two trains collide in Conn.; up to 60 hurt - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 13
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 4
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack