Home » News » Public Safety
Mont Vernon man injured in Milford crash
MILFORD - A Mont Vernon man has been airlifted to a Massachusetts hospital after an early morning crash Saturday in Milford.
According to a press release from the Milford Police Department, Chad Cardoza, 24, of Mont Vernon, was traveling south on Melendy Road near Ball Hill when his Toyota Tacoma pickup went off the road and hit a tree head-on. The accident occurred shortly before 2 a.m., and police, fire and ambulance personnel responded to the scene and had to extricate Cardoza from the vehicle.
Cardoza suffered serious injuries in the accident and was airlifted to the UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for treatment. He is currently listed in fair condition.
Police believe that speed and alcohol were factors in the crash, but the department's accident reconstruction team is continuing to investigate. Police are asking anyone with information about the accident to contact the department at 249-0630.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters