Home » News » Public Safety
Mont Vernon man injured in Milford crash
MILFORD - A Mont Vernon man has been airlifted to a Massachusetts hospital after an early morning crash Saturday in Milford.
According to a press release from the Milford Police Department, Chad Cardoza, 24, of Mont Vernon, was traveling south on Melendy Road near Ball Hill when his Toyota Tacoma pickup went off the road and hit a tree head-on. The accident occurred shortly before 2 a.m., and police, fire and ambulance personnel responded to the scene and had to extricate Cardoza from the vehicle.
Cardoza suffered serious injuries in the accident and was airlifted to the UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for treatment. He is currently listed in fair condition.
Police believe that speed and alcohol were factors in the crash, but the department's accident reconstruction team is continuing to investigate. Police are asking anyone with information about the accident to contact the department at 249-0630.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072