Home » News » Public Safety
Mont Vernon man injured in Milford crash
MILFORD - A Mont Vernon man has been airlifted to a Massachusetts hospital after an early morning crash Saturday in Milford.
According to a press release from the Milford Police Department, Chad Cardoza, 24, of Mont Vernon, was traveling south on Melendy Road near Ball Hill when his Toyota Tacoma pickup went off the road and hit a tree head-on. The accident occurred shortly before 2 a.m., and police, fire and ambulance personnel responded to the scene and had to extricate Cardoza from the vehicle.
Cardoza suffered serious injuries in the accident and was airlifted to the UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for treatment. He is currently listed in fair condition.
Police believe that speed and alcohol were factors in the crash, but the department's accident reconstruction team is continuing to investigate. Police are asking anyone with information about the accident to contact the department at 249-0630.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
George Will: The face of IRS behavior