Home » News » Public Safety
Mont Vernon man injured in Milford crash
MILFORD - A Mont Vernon man has been airlifted to a Massachusetts hospital after an early morning crash Saturday in Milford.
According to a press release from the Milford Police Department, Chad Cardoza, 24, of Mont Vernon, was traveling south on Melendy Road near Ball Hill when his Toyota Tacoma pickup went off the road and hit a tree head-on. The accident occurred shortly before 2 a.m., and police, fire and ambulance personnel responded to the scene and had to extricate Cardoza from the vehicle.
Cardoza suffered serious injuries in the accident and was airlifted to the UMass Memorial Medical Center in Worcester for treatment. He is currently listed in fair condition.
Police believe that speed and alcohol were factors in the crash, but the department's accident reconstruction team is continuing to investigate. Police are asking anyone with information about the accident to contact the department at 249-0630.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Nashua police department adds 8 new members - 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 41
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 1
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind