Home » News » Public Safety
Christmas shoppers arrested in Salem over parking space
SALEM - Nothing says the holiday season more than shoppers loaded down with bags full of gifts inside crowded malls while outside angry motorists battle it out over scarce parking spaces.
That was the case Sunday afternoon when six people found themselves in handcuffs after a fight broke out over a parking spot at the Mall at Rockingham Park.
Six people from Lawrence, Mass., including a 16-year-old, were taken into custody and charged with disorderly conduct. They included the male teen, who will have his case heard in juvenile court, and Freedery Ledesma-Sosa, 21, Victor Pena, 18, Robert Hughes Jr., 18, Robert Hughes, 38, and Talecha Barthelmy, 24.
What's next: The five adults were each given a summons to appear Jan. 28 in 10the Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police dog Mingo is in even better hands - 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief