Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Nashua handyman accused of stealing clients' jewelry
NASHUA - A man who did odd jobs for two homeowners is now accused of helping himself to more than $3,000 worth of their jewelry.
Douglas Hardy, 57, of 36 Kingston Drive, turned himself in Tuesday after police obtained a warrant for his arrest on two counts of theft by unauthorized taking, both class A felonies.
The investigation began Aug. 13 when police received a report of theft of jewelry, worth more than $1,500, from a homeowner. Detectives learned the homeowner had hired Hardy to do some work around the house and, in the course of their investigation, discovered that more than $1,500 in jewelry was missing from another home where Hardy had worked.
Hardy is free on $10,000 personal recognizance bail, pending arraignment Jan. 9 in 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Driver was trying to kill himself
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424