Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Woman wanted in grocery store robbery arrested in Manchester
ALLENSTOWN - A woman wanted in a shoplifting case that went bad was found hiding in the basement of a Manchester residence by members of the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force.
Chrystal Bilodeau, 32, was wanted for a strong-arm robbery in connection with the theft of $126 in merchandise on Dec 9 at the BI-Wise Market in Allenstown. She allegedly fled the store with the merchandise and then hit a store clerk with a "blunt object" she grabbed from the back of her car when the employee caught up to her in the parking lot.
The clerk suffered a minor injury on her arm in the incident.
Police were searching for Bilodeau after investigators developed information that she was staying with a friend in the 300-block of Kelly Street in Manchester.
Her car was located in the West Side neighborhood. A press release from the U.S. Marshals Service indicated the license plates on the car were switched.
Tuesday morning, members of the task force knocked on the door to the Kelly Street residence, but those inside took their time answering the door, allowing Bilodeau to run down to the basement and hide behind a water heater, according to the federal agency.
Task force members quickly found Bilodeau and arrested her.
They also arrested another resident, convicted felon Carlos Claudio, 35, who police said was in possession of both controlled drugs and firearms.
Bilodeau was taken to the Allenstown Police Department where she was being held pending arraignment in 6th Circuit Court, Hooksett District Division. Claudio was transported to the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood where he was processed on the felony charges, pending his first court appearance.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 4
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal