May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Manchester police say Goffstown man caught in act of burglary
MANCHESTER - A Goffstown man was arrested as he ran out of a storage container at a Goffs Falls Road business Tuesday night as an officer was investigating a reported burglary, according to police.
Police said an alarm activation sounded just after 10 p.m. Tuesday at Eckhardt and Johnson, 896 Goffs Falls Road.
Officer Tyler Shaw, dispatched to the scene, determined the main building was secure, but he heard noises coming from a nearby storage container.
When he neared it, the door swung open and a man ran out. Shaw stopped the man and arrested him. He was identified as David Major, 42, of 140 Elm St., Goffstown, and authorities said he had a pair of bolt cutters and a roto-zip cutting tool.
He was charged with burglary.
Major could enter no plea to a felony charge Tuesday at his arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 3.
Judge Gregory Michael set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for Major, who a prosecutor said is out on bail in another jurisdiction on theft and drug charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 1
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Somersworth man indicted for Market Basket robbery in Epping - 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 1
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 3
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 12
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 32
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424