June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Manchester police say Goffstown man caught in act of burglary
MANCHESTER - A Goffstown man was arrested as he ran out of a storage container at a Goffs Falls Road business Tuesday night as an officer was investigating a reported burglary, according to police.
Police said an alarm activation sounded just after 10 p.m. Tuesday at Eckhardt and Johnson, 896 Goffs Falls Road.
Officer Tyler Shaw, dispatched to the scene, determined the main building was secure, but he heard noises coming from a nearby storage container.
When he neared it, the door swung open and a man ran out. Shaw stopped the man and arrested him. He was identified as David Major, 42, of 140 Elm St., Goffstown, and authorities said he had a pair of bolt cutters and a roto-zip cutting tool.
He was charged with burglary.
Major could enter no plea to a felony charge Tuesday at his arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 3.
Judge Gregory Michael set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for Major, who a prosecutor said is out on bail in another jurisdiction on theft and drug charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Kingston man sentenced for sexually assaulting boy - 0
- Lancaster man, 24, indicted in alleged fight with police - 0
- Rochester woman arrested for alleged underage party - 0
- Jailed Danville man convicted for impersonating public defender - 0
- Nashua neighborhood shaken by elderly couple's murder - 0
- NH man killed ex-wife's husband, self, Vermont police say - 0
- Recent 'Fugitive of the Week' Michelle Smith captured in Nashua - 1
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Road to Recovery helps America's heroes - 0
- Valenti Modified Series back at it - 0
- Seabrook scores in OT to give Blackhawks win, series tie - 0
- Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally - 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424