Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester police say Goffstown man caught in act of burglary
MANCHESTER - A Goffstown man was arrested as he ran out of a storage container at a Goffs Falls Road business Tuesday night as an officer was investigating a reported burglary, according to police.
Police said an alarm activation sounded just after 10 p.m. Tuesday at Eckhardt and Johnson, 896 Goffs Falls Road.
Officer Tyler Shaw, dispatched to the scene, determined the main building was secure, but he heard noises coming from a nearby storage container.
When he neared it, the door swung open and a man ran out. Shaw stopped the man and arrested him. He was identified as David Major, 42, of 140 Elm St., Goffstown, and authorities said he had a pair of bolt cutters and a roto-zip cutting tool.
He was charged with burglary.
Major could enter no plea to a felony charge Tuesday at his arraignment in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, so a probable cause hearing was set for Jan. 3.
Judge Gregory Michael set bail at $1,000 cash/surety for Major, who a prosecutor said is out on bail in another jurisdiction on theft and drug charges.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424