Derry schools to update tech plan
DERRY - The school district will be working a little bit faster than it had planned to update its technology plan over the coming months.
While sitting in on a state committee meeting on the update of the state technology plan, Superintendent Laura Nelson said she and director of information services Raymond Larose discovered that the district's technology plan had expired in June.
"Ray had to expedite a committee and he is looking to put this together as soon as possible," Nelson said.
She said Larose was able to put together the committee of teachers, administrators and technology staff quickly to begin updating the plan.
Nelson said the goal is to have the updated plan ready for state approval by the end of the school year.
Even if the state did not require that the district have an approved technology plan, Nelson said she would recommend the district have one on hand.
In addition to working on the district technology plan, Nelson said the district is part of a state group that works to approve other districts' technology plans by serving as peer readers.
The technology committee of the School Board will also be working on how the district's technology plan can be integrated into the district's strategic planning goals.
The three major goals addressed in the strategic plan focus on having all students learn at a higher level, providing a safe and positive learning environment, and increasing community involvement. Each of the three goals includes a number of action items.
For the goal of having all students achieve at a higher level, some of the action items include having high quality teachers in each classroom and integrating technology throughout the curriculum.
- - - - - - - -
Adam Swift may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 26
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 19
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House parties - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383