Home » News » Public Safety
Gilford accident brings down warning light
GILFORD - No one was seriously hurt in an accident on Route 11-A Friday afternoon, but motorists are being asked to use caution when traveling the route because a hanging warning light near the center of town has been knocked down.
An SUV left the road and hit a telephone pole near the intersection of Schoolhouse Hill Road, Belknap Mountain Road and Route 11-A, causing the pole to break. A wire between the pole and a pole across the road had held a blinking warning light to warn traffic of the busy intersection, said town administrator Scott Dunn.
The crash brought the light to the ground, and it is being repaired. In the meantime, "residents should use caution as that could be a dangerous intersection," Dunn said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072