Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Man assaulted in robbery try outside Manchester variety store
MANCHESTER - Three assailants zapped a man with a stun gun and pistol-whipped him when he fought back in a robbery attempt Tuesday night behind Beechmont Market.
Police learned of the incident in an 11:40 p.m. call from the emergency room at the Elliot Hospital where the 21-year-old man sought treatment for head and chest injuries.
He told investigators he parked behind the 609 S. Beech St. market about an hour earlier and went into the store. When he came out and headed back to his car, he said three men attacked him. One put a stun gun to the side of his neck, charging it several times, which knocked him off his feet.
He tried to fight back and another man hit him in the head with the butt of a handgun.
During the assault, the man said the robbers were demanding his belongings and trying to pull off a gold chain he had around his neck. They fled without getting anything, however, apparently startled by the man's girlfriend who was in the parked car and, seeing the attack, got out to help.
The robbers are described as heavyset white men in their 20s, each about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9. They fled in a maroon, four-door hatchback with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wintery weather doesn’t cut NH crime, but it can change it - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Police make arrest in Pembroke embezzlement case - 1
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 1
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 4
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 4
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Yet another must-win scenario for men's hockey team - 0
- Nashua mayor to aldermen: Don’t alter rules on city contracts - 0
- Merrimack-Trinity semifinal to be followed by Memorial-Central in Div. I basketball - 0
- Pinkerton-Londonderry rivalry set for Div. I hockey semifinal - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Parking lot study to go before Peterborough voters - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
- Board of Education to vote on Nashua North High principal - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
For New Hampshire towns, it’s time to vote
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Blue shame: Obamacare's big change
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings