Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Man assaulted in robbery try outside Manchester variety store
MANCHESTER - Three assailants zapped a man with a stun gun and pistol-whipped him when he fought back in a robbery attempt Tuesday night behind Beechmont Market.
Police learned of the incident in an 11:40 p.m. call from the emergency room at the Elliot Hospital where the 21-year-old man sought treatment for head and chest injuries.
He told investigators he parked behind the 609 S. Beech St. market about an hour earlier and went into the store. When he came out and headed back to his car, he said three men attacked him. One put a stun gun to the side of his neck, charging it several times, which knocked him off his feet.
He tried to fight back and another man hit him in the head with the butt of a handgun.
During the assault, the man said the robbers were demanding his belongings and trying to pull off a gold chain he had around his neck. They fled without getting anything, however, apparently startled by the man's girlfriend who was in the parked car and, seeing the attack, got out to help.
The robbers are described as heavyset white men in their 20s, each about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9. They fled in a maroon, four-door hatchback with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses - 0
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Celtics obtain another top pick - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917