Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man assaulted in robbery try outside Manchester variety store
MANCHESTER - Three assailants zapped a man with a stun gun and pistol-whipped him when he fought back in a robbery attempt Tuesday night behind Beechmont Market.
Police learned of the incident in an 11:40 p.m. call from the emergency room at the Elliot Hospital where the 21-year-old man sought treatment for head and chest injuries.
He told investigators he parked behind the 609 S. Beech St. market about an hour earlier and went into the store. When he came out and headed back to his car, he said three men attacked him. One put a stun gun to the side of his neck, charging it several times, which knocked him off his feet.
He tried to fight back and another man hit him in the head with the butt of a handgun.
During the assault, the man said the robbers were demanding his belongings and trying to pull off a gold chain he had around his neck. They fled without getting anything, however, apparently startled by the man's girlfriend who was in the parked car and, seeing the attack, got out to help.
The robbers are described as heavyset white men in their 20s, each about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9. They fled in a maroon, four-door hatchback with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 17
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917