Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Man assaulted in robbery try outside Manchester variety store
MANCHESTER - Three assailants zapped a man with a stun gun and pistol-whipped him when he fought back in a robbery attempt Tuesday night behind Beechmont Market.
Police learned of the incident in an 11:40 p.m. call from the emergency room at the Elliot Hospital where the 21-year-old man sought treatment for head and chest injuries.
He told investigators he parked behind the 609 S. Beech St. market about an hour earlier and went into the store. When he came out and headed back to his car, he said three men attacked him. One put a stun gun to the side of his neck, charging it several times, which knocked him off his feet.
He tried to fight back and another man hit him in the head with the butt of a handgun.
During the assault, the man said the robbers were demanding his belongings and trying to pull off a gold chain he had around his neck. They fled without getting anything, however, apparently startled by the man's girlfriend who was in the parked car and, seeing the attack, got out to help.
The robbers are described as heavyset white men in their 20s, each about 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-9. They fled in a maroon, four-door hatchback with Massachusetts license plates.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 4
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 1
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917