Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hillsborough man arrested for Deering cemetery vandalism
DEERING - Based on tips from the community, police arrested a Hillsborough man Tuesday evening for allegedly damaging 26 gravestones in Appleton Cemetery last month.
William C. Segnitz, 18, of Hillsborough, was charged with felony interfering with cemeteries or grave markers. A maintenance crew discovered the damage to the granite and marble gravestones - some from the 19th century - when they recently returned to the cemetery to conduct monthly upkeep of the town-owned property located along Deering Center Road - Route 149 - near the Hillsborough border.
Many residents and officials in the area feel the damage occurred in November.
After police chief James Pushee received information and leads from area residents last week, Capt. Thomas Cavanaugh interviewed several witnesses as part of the investigation, which led to a warrant to search Segnitz's home.
With the assistance of a neighboring agency, Cavanaugh located and arrested Segnitz, who was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court Jan. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 7
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424