May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Hillsborough man arrested for Deering cemetery vandalism
DEERING - Based on tips from the community, police arrested a Hillsborough man Tuesday evening for allegedly damaging 26 gravestones in Appleton Cemetery last month.
William C. Segnitz, 18, of Hillsborough, was charged with felony interfering with cemeteries or grave markers. A maintenance crew discovered the damage to the granite and marble gravestones - some from the 19th century - when they recently returned to the cemetery to conduct monthly upkeep of the town-owned property located along Deering Center Road - Route 149 - near the Hillsborough border.
Many residents and officials in the area feel the damage occurred in November.
After police chief James Pushee received information and leads from area residents last week, Capt. Thomas Cavanaugh interviewed several witnesses as part of the investigation, which led to a warrant to search Segnitz's home.
With the assistance of a neighboring agency, Cavanaugh located and arrested Segnitz, who was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court Jan. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth police DWI roadblock stops 179 motorists yielding 4 arrests - 0
- Nashua man arrested on charges of sexually assaulting underage girl - 3
- Mass. men arrested on drugs, weapons charges - 0
- Mass. residents charged after Hollis man beaten and stabbed - 11
- Judge gives Salem engineer with underwater mortgage year in jail for growing pot - 1
- Teen party takes Derry rep by surprise - 27
- Not-guilty plea expected in death at Danville chief's home - 24
- Police say woman was assaulted for hours - 5
- Inmate will let judge decide fraud ID case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH College Notebook: Honors keep coming for several Granite State athletes - 0
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: Inventors, beware of PGL -- Paranoia, greed and laziness - 0
- Marine think tank to move to former Great Bay campus - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Vending machines go natural - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Lots to love about NH road race/triathlon scene - 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424