June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Hillsborough man arrested for Deering cemetery vandalism
DEERING - Based on tips from the community, police arrested a Hillsborough man Tuesday evening for allegedly damaging 26 gravestones in Appleton Cemetery last month.
William C. Segnitz, 18, of Hillsborough, was charged with felony interfering with cemeteries or grave markers. A maintenance crew discovered the damage to the granite and marble gravestones - some from the 19th century - when they recently returned to the cemetery to conduct monthly upkeep of the town-owned property located along Deering Center Road - Route 149 - near the Hillsborough border.
Many residents and officials in the area feel the damage occurred in November.
After police chief James Pushee received information and leads from area residents last week, Capt. Thomas Cavanaugh interviewed several witnesses as part of the investigation, which led to a warrant to search Segnitz's home.
With the assistance of a neighboring agency, Cavanaugh located and arrested Segnitz, who was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court Jan. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 0
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 22
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 2
- Plea expected from woman who allegedly stole from elderly couple - 1
- Judge cancels the scheduled rape trial of a Raymond man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Storms knock out power to about 3,600 PSNH customers - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 0
- American Medical Response back in good graces of key Manchester officials - 0
- Lebanon’s Colette Schmidt captures N.E. girls’ golf tourney crown - 0
- Sixteen make cut at State Am qualifying - 0
- Granite Stater Matt Bonner in position for another NBA title - 0
- Clippers, Celtics resume talks on Doc, Garnett deal - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 0
Epping man’s hope for working van realized
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader
A Medicaid reduction? That is not likely
Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424