Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Hillsborough man arrested for Deering cemetery vandalism
DEERING - Based on tips from the community, police arrested a Hillsborough man Tuesday evening for allegedly damaging 26 gravestones in Appleton Cemetery last month.
William C. Segnitz, 18, of Hillsborough, was charged with felony interfering with cemeteries or grave markers. A maintenance crew discovered the damage to the granite and marble gravestones - some from the 19th century - when they recently returned to the cemetery to conduct monthly upkeep of the town-owned property located along Deering Center Road - Route 149 - near the Hillsborough border.
Many residents and officials in the area feel the damage occurred in November.
After police chief James Pushee received information and leads from area residents last week, Capt. Thomas Cavanaugh interviewed several witnesses as part of the investigation, which led to a warrant to search Segnitz's home.
With the assistance of a neighboring agency, Cavanaugh located and arrested Segnitz, who was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court Jan. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'