Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Hillsborough man arrested for Deering cemetery vandalism
DEERING - Based on tips from the community, police arrested a Hillsborough man Tuesday evening for allegedly damaging 26 gravestones in Appleton Cemetery last month.
William C. Segnitz, 18, of Hillsborough, was charged with felony interfering with cemeteries or grave markers. A maintenance crew discovered the damage to the granite and marble gravestones - some from the 19th century - when they recently returned to the cemetery to conduct monthly upkeep of the town-owned property located along Deering Center Road - Route 149 - near the Hillsborough border.
Many residents and officials in the area feel the damage occurred in November.
After police chief James Pushee received information and leads from area residents last week, Capt. Thomas Cavanaugh interviewed several witnesses as part of the investigation, which led to a warrant to search Segnitz's home.
With the assistance of a neighboring agency, Cavanaugh located and arrested Segnitz, who was released on personal recognizance and is scheduled to be arraigned in 6th Circuit Court Jan. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 2
- Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 25
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917