June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Deerfield police say woman fired gun as officer was arresting companion
Two arraigned in Deerfield assault of police officer
DEERFIELD - Shots were fired early Wednesday morning as a police officer was arresting a man after responding to a 911 hangup call on Old Center Road.
Officer Roger St. Onge suffered minor injuries, what police described as bumps and bruises, in the incident. He was treated at a local hospital and then released.
The incident began about 12:30 a.m. when police received a 911 hangup call from the residence. Police said St. Onge was at the front door reaching for the door handle when he was rushed and tackled by Stanley West, 40, who punched him several times in the face and head, according to a news release.
As the two men struggled, police said Jane Schultz, 44, shot off two rounds from a handgun. St. Onge managed to handcuff West and then drew his gun on Schultz, 44, who dropped hers. He then arrested her without further incident.
Schultz is charged with felony reckless conduct, while West is facing four counts of simple assault, one count of resisting arrest and one count of disorderly conduct.
Both were taken to the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned later Wednesday in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424