May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
April 18, 2013
Deerfield police say woman fired gun as officer was arresting companion
Two arraigned in Deerfield assault of police officer
DEERFIELD - Shots were fired early Wednesday morning as a police officer was arresting a man after responding to a 911 hangup call on Old Center Road.
Officer Roger St. Onge suffered minor injuries, what police described as bumps and bruises, in the incident. He was treated at a local hospital and then released.
The incident began about 12:30 a.m. when police received a 911 hangup call from the residence. Police said St. Onge was at the front door reaching for the door handle when he was rushed and tackled by Stanley West, 40, who punched him several times in the face and head, according to a news release.
As the two men struggled, police said Jane Schultz, 44, shot off two rounds from a handgun. St. Onge managed to handcuff West and then drew his gun on Schultz, 44, who dropped hers. He then arrested her without further incident.
Schultz is charged with felony reckless conduct, while West is facing four counts of simple assault, one count of resisting arrest and one count of disorderly conduct.
Both were taken to the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned later Wednesday in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Psychologist: Nashua man was insane at time of murder - 0
- Wanted fugitive arrested by U.S. Marshals in Manchester - 0
- Portsmouth woman faces up to life in prison in fatal overdose - 0
- Mass. sex offender indicted for sex assault on child at Plaistow Walmart - 2
- Home care worker indicted for kidnapping, sexual assault of male client - 0
- Police say house guest helped himself to credit card - 0
- Police say women were smoking crack with 2-year-old in car - 0
- Tools, copper piping stolen from construction trailers in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 0
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: NHL stars grown in the AHL - 0
- John Habib's High School Track: North boys loom as favorites in Division I meet - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Dunn homer paces White Sox over Red Sox
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424