Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Deerfield police say woman fired gun as officer was arresting companion
DEERFIELD - Shots were fired early Wednesday morning as a police officer was arresting a man after responding to a 911 hangup call on Old Center Road.
Officer Roger St. Onge suffered minor injuries, what police described as bumps and bruises, in the incident. He was treated at a local hospital and then released.
The incident began about 12:30 a.m. when police received a 911 hangup call from the residence. Police said St. Onge was at the front door reaching for the door handle when he was rushed and tackled by Stanley West, 40, who punched him several times in the face and head, according to a news release.
As the two men struggled, police said Jane Schultz, 44, shot off two rounds from a handgun. St. Onge managed to handcuff West and then drew his gun on Schultz, 44, who dropped hers. He then arrested her without further incident.
Schultz is charged with felony reckless conduct, while West is facing four counts of simple assault, one count of resisting arrest and one count of disorderly conduct.
Both were taken to the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned later Wednesday in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 9
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424