Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Deerfield police say woman fired gun as officer was arresting companion
DEERFIELD - Shots were fired early Wednesday morning as a police officer was arresting a man after responding to a 911 hangup call on Old Center Road.
Officer Roger St. Onge suffered minor injuries, what police described as bumps and bruises, in the incident. He was treated at a local hospital and then released.
The incident began about 12:30 a.m. when police received a 911 hangup call from the residence. Police said St. Onge was at the front door reaching for the door handle when he was rushed and tackled by Stanley West, 40, who punched him several times in the face and head, according to a news release.
As the two men struggled, police said Jane Schultz, 44, shot off two rounds from a handgun. St. Onge managed to handcuff West and then drew his gun on Schultz, 44, who dropped hers. He then arrested her without further incident.
Schultz is charged with felony reckless conduct, while West is facing four counts of simple assault, one count of resisting arrest and one count of disorderly conduct.
Both were taken to the Rockingham County jail and will be arraigned later Wednesday in 10th Circuit Court, Candia District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 10
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483