Home » News » Public Safety
After bomb threat at Mall of NH, police ask public for information
MANCHESTER - Police responded Tuesday night to an apparent bomb threat hoax at the Mall of New Hampshire.
A man notified police at about 8:30 p.m. about a note written on a rest room wall claiming there was a bomb inside the mall. Manchester police, with mall security, performed a sweep of the mall. A member of the N.H. State Police Explosives Unit, along with a bomb dog assigned to the Transportation Security Administration at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, assisted in the search.
The man who reported the written threat left the mall before he could be identified. Police describe him as a white male, in his 50s, about 5-feet-5-inches tall, 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved shirt and tan or brown work boots. He had short, dark and graying hair.
Police are still investigating the source of the threat, hoping to identify its origin. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips eligible for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: Distracted by dog, woman downs two utility poles on Manchester’s Varney Street - 1
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 5
- Cause of $1.4 million house fire in Plainfield remains unknown - 0
- Injured dirt bike rider in ICU - 0
- Woman who jumped in front of Amtrak train identified - 0
- Busy day for White Mountain National Forest rescuers - 0
- Franklin convenience store damaged by fire - 0
- Derry firefighters commended; fire investigation continues - 0
- Deadly crash driver: 'I was distracted' - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Body of woman found under Claremont bridge - 0
- Woman sentenced to a year in jail for crash - 0
- New tech course open to students in Londonderry - 0
- UPDATED: Nashua man accused of beating girlfriend - 0
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in Alexandria - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man faces charge of simple assault against son’s mother - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Bedford, Concord deadlock - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer: Central shows title mettle - 0
- Dave D'onofrio Patriots Notebook: Don't expect Patriots to fix this - 0
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
State surplus isn't big enough
Weare police sergeant's firing rescinded
Planned Parenthood endorses Hassan
By the horn: Feds owe NH man an explanation