Home » News » Public Safety
After bomb threat at Mall of NH, police ask public for information
MANCHESTER - Police responded Tuesday night to an apparent bomb threat hoax at the Mall of New Hampshire.
A man notified police at about 8:30 p.m. about a note written on a rest room wall claiming there was a bomb inside the mall. Manchester police, with mall security, performed a sweep of the mall. A member of the N.H. State Police Explosives Unit, along with a bomb dog assigned to the Transportation Security Administration at the Manchester-Boston Regional Airport, assisted in the search.
The man who reported the written threat left the mall before he could be identified. Police describe him as a white male, in his 50s, about 5-feet-5-inches tall, 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved shirt and tan or brown work boots. He had short, dark and graying hair.
Police are still investigating the source of the threat, hoping to identify its origin. Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the Manchester Police Department at 668-8711. Anonymous tips eligible for cash rewards can be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 2
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 1
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 1
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm