Bishop Libasci delivers Christmas message
MANCHESTER - Bishop Peter A. Libasci wished New Hampshire Catholics a blessed, holy and "very Merry Christmas" filled - in the words of St. Paul - with "peace beyond all understanding."
"This Christmas, I wish you the deepest, most profound emotion that can come from seeing the new Life of God born into your heart," said Libasci, spiritual leader to the estimated 285,745 Catholics in the Diocese of Manchester, which includes the entire state.
"I wish you a moment of peace during this Christmas season: a moment of Peace that comes from God's Eternal Love for you; to you alone, personally, in the deepest recesses of your soul," he added in his annual Christmas message released this week.
The bishop also wished everyone a "holy" Christmas in which God dwells and surrounds each of the faithful.
"May the Angels who announced Christ's holy birth carry this Presence from heaven to the treasury of your soul. May the peace and blessing, then, of Almighty God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, descend upon you and remain with you at Christmas and forever!" he wrote.
Libasci said he hopes Christians also will know Mary's joy when she learned she would give birth to Jesus, the Son of God.
"May the joy of the gift of Faith from the hand and heart of God come to you 'out of the blue' of Mary's own mantle. And with a merry smile and a merry wish just for you, personally, may she wrap her mantle of Grace around your shoulders and guide you to the love of her Son Jesus at Christmas and forever!" Libasci said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former NH state trooper gets new state job after 2010 conviction - 18
- Public hearing is set in Portsmouth on plan to beddown 12 KC-46A aircraft - 0
- U.N. denies reports representative in Ukraine seized in Crimea - 0
- Frigid weather has maple producers expecting a 'couple of weeks' delay - 0
- NH Motor Speedway founder selling lakeside estate for NH-record $49 million - 7
- Crotched Mountain honors its farming roots with tree farm honor - 0
- 'Our lost duck friends' remembered - 23
- UPDATE: America selects Preston for top 13 in "American Idol" - 0
- UPDATE: Mont Vernon man chosen as ‘American Idol’ top 20 contestant - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 6
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief