Bishop Libasci delivers Christmas message
MANCHESTER - Bishop Peter A. Libasci wished New Hampshire Catholics a blessed, holy and "very Merry Christmas" filled - in the words of St. Paul - with "peace beyond all understanding."
"This Christmas, I wish you the deepest, most profound emotion that can come from seeing the new Life of God born into your heart," said Libasci, spiritual leader to the estimated 285,745 Catholics in the Diocese of Manchester, which includes the entire state.
"I wish you a moment of peace during this Christmas season: a moment of Peace that comes from God's Eternal Love for you; to you alone, personally, in the deepest recesses of your soul," he added in his annual Christmas message released this week.
The bishop also wished everyone a "holy" Christmas in which God dwells and surrounds each of the faithful.
"May the Angels who announced Christ's holy birth carry this Presence from heaven to the treasury of your soul. May the peace and blessing, then, of Almighty God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, descend upon you and remain with you at Christmas and forever!" he wrote.
Libasci said he hopes Christians also will know Mary's joy when she learned she would give birth to Jesus, the Son of God.
"May the joy of the gift of Faith from the hand and heart of God come to you 'out of the blue' of Mary's own mantle. And with a merry smile and a merry wish just for you, personally, may she wrap her mantle of Grace around your shoulders and guide you to the love of her Son Jesus at Christmas and forever!" Libasci said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 11
- Thomas Sowell: Freedom is not free; you've got to fight for it - 1
- Michael C. Whitney: A small gas tax hike would be good for business - 7
- Jonah Goldberg: In the case of My Brother's Keeper, race does, and should, matter - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The NH Senate's Medicaid trap - 0
- Rep. William Butynski: A casino gambling plan that works for NH - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
George Will: The face of IRS behavior