Bishop Libasci delivers Christmas message
MANCHESTER - Bishop Peter A. Libasci wished New Hampshire Catholics a blessed, holy and "very Merry Christmas" filled - in the words of St. Paul - with "peace beyond all understanding."
"This Christmas, I wish you the deepest, most profound emotion that can come from seeing the new Life of God born into your heart," said Libasci, spiritual leader to the estimated 285,745 Catholics in the Diocese of Manchester, which includes the entire state.
"I wish you a moment of peace during this Christmas season: a moment of Peace that comes from God's Eternal Love for you; to you alone, personally, in the deepest recesses of your soul," he added in his annual Christmas message released this week.
The bishop also wished everyone a "holy" Christmas in which God dwells and surrounds each of the faithful.
"May the Angels who announced Christ's holy birth carry this Presence from heaven to the treasury of your soul. May the peace and blessing, then, of Almighty God, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, descend upon you and remain with you at Christmas and forever!" he wrote.
Libasci said he hopes Christians also will know Mary's joy when she learned she would give birth to Jesus, the Son of God.
"May the joy of the gift of Faith from the hand and heart of God come to you 'out of the blue' of Mary's own mantle. And with a merry smile and a merry wish just for you, personally, may she wrap her mantle of Grace around your shoulders and guide you to the love of her Son Jesus at Christmas and forever!" Libasci said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 5
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 69
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over