Herrington allowed to play on boys' team
CONCORD - A Merrimack County Superior Court judge has ruled Shelby Herrington can continue to play for the Bishop Brady High School boys' hockey team.
On Wednesday, Judge Richard McNamara granted a request for a preliminary injunction, meaning Herrington can continue to play with the Bishop Brady boys' hockey team."She's of course very happy," said Concord attorney Robert Carey, who was representing the Herringtons. "And we're very pleased as well."
Before the season began, the NHIAA required Herrington to play for the girls' varsity team since Bishop Brady offered one for the first time this year. Her parents filed a suit against the organization in hopes she would be allowed to continue to play for the boys' team, which she has been a part of for two years.
Earlier this month, McNamara ruled Herrington could play for the boys' team for the first three games of the season.
Carey said he believed Herrington would be on the ice with the Giants when they play at Hanover tonight.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NCAA Baseball: Penmen win again - 0
- College Baseball: Mathieu, FPU cruise in NCAAs - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU rolls in NCAA opener - 0
- College Baseball: DWC stays alive in NCAAs - 0
- Penmen set sights on return to NCAA Div. II World Series - 0
- Daniel Webster nine loses NCAA test - 0
- NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today - 0
- Franklin Pierce University plays in regional opener; SNHU has night game - 0
- College Baseball: KSC nine ousted - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 8
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 12
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 29
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Memorial Day Observances 2013
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840