Herrington allowed to play on boys' team
CONCORD - A Merrimack County Superior Court judge has ruled Shelby Herrington can continue to play for the Bishop Brady High School boys' hockey team.
On Wednesday, Judge Richard McNamara granted a request for a preliminary injunction, meaning Herrington can continue to play with the Bishop Brady boys' hockey team."She's of course very happy," said Concord attorney Robert Carey, who was representing the Herringtons. "And we're very pleased as well."
Before the season began, the NHIAA required Herrington to play for the girls' varsity team since Bishop Brady offered one for the first time this year. Her parents filed a suit against the organization in hopes she would be allowed to continue to play for the boys' team, which she has been a part of for two years.
Earlier this month, McNamara ruled Herrington could play for the boys' team for the first three games of the season.
Carey said he believed Herrington would be on the ice with the Giants when they play at Hanover tonight.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 24
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 7
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 0
- Gate City Musings: Mayor just keeps on spending - 0
- Nashua set to begin budget review - 0
- Manchester 'homeless meter' program seeks to deter panhandling - 0
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840