Herrington allowed to play on boys' team
CONCORD - A Merrimack County Superior Court judge has ruled Shelby Herrington can continue to play for the Bishop Brady High School boys' hockey team.
On Wednesday, Judge Richard McNamara granted a request for a preliminary injunction, meaning Herrington can continue to play with the Bishop Brady boys' hockey team."She's of course very happy," said Concord attorney Robert Carey, who was representing the Herringtons. "And we're very pleased as well."
Before the season began, the NHIAA required Herrington to play for the girls' varsity team since Bishop Brady offered one for the first time this year. Her parents filed a suit against the organization in hopes she would be allowed to continue to play for the boys' team, which she has been a part of for two years.
Earlier this month, McNamara ruled Herrington could play for the boys' team for the first three games of the season.
Carey said he believed Herrington would be on the ice with the Giants when they play at Hanover tonight.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
- Celts 'point' to Garnett for solutions - 0
- Too much Carmelo as Knicks top Celtics in Game 1 - 0
- C's end regular season on losing note - 0
- Celtics clinch No. 7 seed with easy win over Magic - 0
- Heat's stars get better of Celtics - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 4
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840