UNH football starts 2013 at Central Michigan on Sept. 7
UNH announces a 2013 season schedule that starts at Central Michigan and ends with a home game against Maine.
The University of New Hampshire will open the 2013 football season at Central Michigan and close it out at home against Colonial Athletic Association rival Maine at home on Nov. 23.
UNH, which wrapped up an 8-4 season earlier this month with a ninth straight trip to the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision tournament, announced the schedule Wednesday morning. Central Michigan, which plays in the Football Bowl Subdivision in the Mid-American Conference, is the first of three straight non-conference games to kick off the season.
A pair of games against Patriot League teams - home against Colgate on Sept. 14 and at Lehigh on Sept. 28 on either side of an open date - lead into the CAA portion of the schedule.
UNH plays at Towson on Oct. 5, faces Rhode Island (Oct. 12) and Villanova (Oct. 19) at home and wraps up the month with a game at Stony Brook on Oct. 26. The Wildcats will be at William & Mary on Nov. 2, home against James Madison on Nov. 9 and at Albany on Nov. 16 before finishing up with Maine.
Stony Brook and Albany will both be playing their first seasons in the Colonial Athletic Association next fall.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: Barack Obama is the spectator President - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama's 'idiot' defense - 1
- Another View: Amendments to the Senate casino bill make it worth passing - 4
- Charles Arlinghaus: On Medicaid expansion, the right answer is, 'not yet' - 2
- Deroy Murdock: A bloated state necessarily bullies, as the IRS did - 3
- Kathy Sullivan: The IRS scandal exposes flaw behind tax-exempt politicking - 24
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 1
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 0
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win
NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22
Derry council defends officials' purchases
George Will: The NLRB’s school-door stand
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840