UNH football starts 2013 at Central Michigan on Sept. 7
UNH announces a 2013 season schedule that starts at Central Michigan and ends with a home game against Maine.
The University of New Hampshire will open the 2013 football season at Central Michigan and close it out at home against Colonial Athletic Association rival Maine at home on Nov. 23.
UNH, which wrapped up an 8-4 season earlier this month with a ninth straight trip to the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision tournament, announced the schedule Wednesday morning. Central Michigan, which plays in the Football Bowl Subdivision in the Mid-American Conference, is the first of three straight non-conference games to kick off the season.
A pair of games against Patriot League teams - home against Colgate on Sept. 14 and at Lehigh on Sept. 28 on either side of an open date - lead into the CAA portion of the schedule.
UNH plays at Towson on Oct. 5, faces Rhode Island (Oct. 12) and Villanova (Oct. 19) at home and wraps up the month with a game at Stony Brook on Oct. 26. The Wildcats will be at William & Mary on Nov. 2, home against James Madison on Nov. 9 and at Albany on Nov. 16 before finishing up with Maine.
Stony Brook and Albany will both be playing their first seasons in the Colonial Athletic Association next fall.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840