UNH football starts 2013 at Central Michigan on Sept. 7
UNH announces a 2013 season schedule that starts at Central Michigan and ends with a home game against Maine.
The University of New Hampshire will open the 2013 football season at Central Michigan and close it out at home against Colonial Athletic Association rival Maine at home on Nov. 23.
UNH, which wrapped up an 8-4 season earlier this month with a ninth straight trip to the NCAA's Football Championship Subdivision tournament, announced the schedule Wednesday morning. Central Michigan, which plays in the Football Bowl Subdivision in the Mid-American Conference, is the first of three straight non-conference games to kick off the season.
A pair of games against Patriot League teams - home against Colgate on Sept. 14 and at Lehigh on Sept. 28 on either side of an open date - lead into the CAA portion of the schedule.
UNH plays at Towson on Oct. 5, faces Rhode Island (Oct. 12) and Villanova (Oct. 19) at home and wraps up the month with a game at Stony Brook on Oct. 26. The Wildcats will be at William & Mary on Nov. 2, home against James Madison on Nov. 9 and at Albany on Nov. 16 before finishing up with Maine.
Stony Brook and Albany will both be playing their first seasons in the Colonial Athletic Association next fall.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840