Children benefit from Monarchs' Teddy Bear Toss
Each year, the Manchester Monarchs provide the Manchester Police Department with a collection of stuffed animals tossed onto the ice right after the Monarchs score their first goal during a designated home game.
During Sunday's game, more than 1,000 stuffed animals were tossed and collected at the 2012 Manchester Monarchs Teddy Bear Toss.
The tossed animals, which include many other creatures as well as bears, give Rondeau a great opportunity to introduce himself and the Manchester Police Department to the city's youngest residents.
The visits give the children a chance to meet "Officer Friendly," ask him questions and talk about ways to keep safe.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.