Temple of Witchcraft approved for new location in Salem
SALEM - The planning board granted final approvals for the Temple of Witchcraft to move into a larger location on North Policy Street.
The nonprofit organization is leaving its home at 2 Main Street for a two-story house at 49 North Policy Street.
The larger building will contain living quarters for three priests, a small office and a 20-square-foot classroom, according to the Planning Department.
A 16-car parking lot will be included on the site.
The temple will offer classes and small gatherings of 20 people or less in its community center, according to documentation presented to the planning board.
Some discussion surrounding proper usage of the property took place early in the approval process. The Temple of Witchcraft is recognized as a church by the Internal Revenue Service and was determined by an attorney to be a church under the town zoning ordinance.
Residents seemed to accept the nature of the organization, raising more concerns about potential increases in traffic, noise and lighting once the project is complete.
- - - - - - - -
Julie Hanson may be reached at Jhanson@newstote.com.
Salem » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flags should be half-staff Monday, Thursday for holiday - 0
- Two seriously injured in head-on crash in Bedford - 0
- Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Nongame, Endangered Wildlife Program turns 25 - 0
- North Country open for business - 0
- To get away, they come to NH - 0
- Win tickets to see American Idol Live! - 0
- Bach's Lunch Series Concludes in June with Music of Night and Nature - 0
- Open House at Owl Brook Hunter Education Center on June 1 - 0
Memorial Day services, events around NH
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty
Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions