Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Off-duty officer stops man suspected of robbing Concord business
CONCORD - An off-duty New Hampshire Hospital police officer pulled a gun on a man he suspected of burglary Thursday morning after seeing him leave a tattoo business holding a screwdriver and some boxes, according to police.
Jacob Bouchard, 18, of Portsmouth Street, was face down on the rear deck of Anaconda Tattoo and Piercing, 59 S. Main St., when officers arrived after receiving a report at 1:15 a.m. of a burglary in progress. The off-duty hospital officer, whose name police did not release, was standing over him, his gun drawn, according to Concord police Lt. Timothy O'Malley.
O'Malley said the off-duty officer saw Bouchard leaving the store with the boxes and screwdriver and "quickly put two and two together."
Bouchard shattered the glass front door to get inside the business where he hoped to find cash and drugs, police said.
He was arrested and taken to the police station where officers learned he had been released from the Merrimack County jail on personal recognizance bail 12 hours earlier.
What's next: He is expected to be arraigned Thursday in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 6
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424