May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Report says gunman's mother vacationed in Bretton Woods day before rampage
Moment of silence Friday morning for Connecticut victims
Epping considers adding resource officer at schools
BRETTON WOODS - The mother of the Connecticut school gunman was reportedly vacationing in New Hampshire in the days before last week's deadly school rampage, leaving her son at home alone, CNN reported Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza, a former longtime Kingston resident, was on vacation by herself at the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13, according to CNN
Her 20-year-old son, Adam, was reportedly left home alone while she was away, according to the report.
Lanza checked out on Dec. 13 and returned to Connecticut that night, according to the CNN report. She was shot and killed the next morning by Adam before he showed up at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and gunned down 20 children and six adults before killing himself, authorities said.
A representative from the hotel referred all questions to a hotel spokesman who could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza often visited New Hampshire, which is where she was raised and lived until 1998 when she and her family, including Adam, sold their home in Kingston and moved to Newtown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424