Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Report says gunman's mother vacationed in Bretton Woods day before rampage
BRETTON WOODS - The mother of the Connecticut school gunman was reportedly vacationing in New Hampshire in the days before last week's deadly school rampage, leaving her son at home alone, CNN reported Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza, a former longtime Kingston resident, was on vacation by herself at the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13, according to CNN
Her 20-year-old son, Adam, was reportedly left home alone while she was away, according to the report.
Lanza checked out on Dec. 13 and returned to Connecticut that night, according to the CNN report. She was shot and killed the next morning by Adam before he showed up at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and gunned down 20 children and six adults before killing himself, authorities said.
A representative from the hotel referred all questions to a hotel spokesman who could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza often visited New Hampshire, which is where she was raised and lived until 1998 when she and her family, including Adam, sold their home in Kingston and moved to Newtown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917