Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Report says gunman's mother vacationed in Bretton Woods day before rampage
BRETTON WOODS - The mother of the Connecticut school gunman was reportedly vacationing in New Hampshire in the days before last week's deadly school rampage, leaving her son at home alone, CNN reported Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza, a former longtime Kingston resident, was on vacation by herself at the Omni Mount Washington Resort and Hotel in Bretton Woods from Dec. 11 to Dec. 13, according to CNN
Her 20-year-old son, Adam, was reportedly left home alone while she was away, according to the report.
Lanza checked out on Dec. 13 and returned to Connecticut that night, according to the CNN report. She was shot and killed the next morning by Adam before he showed up at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and gunned down 20 children and six adults before killing himself, authorities said.
A representative from the hotel referred all questions to a hotel spokesman who could not be reached for comment Wednesday night.
Nancy Lanza often visited New Hampshire, which is where she was raised and lived until 1998 when she and her family, including Adam, sold their home in Kingston and moved to Newtown.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG: Failed suicide attempt led to expectant couple's deaths - 5
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 1
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 3
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Glitches tied to Medicaid rollout now resolved, officials say - 0
- Rockingham County Attorney files lawsuit to access office, but doors remain locked - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Former Ambassador Bolton criticizes Kuster's 'lack of knowledge' on Libya - 3
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Top NH political pros to head new Boston office of nationally-known consulting firm
Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424