Home » News » Public Safety
Farmington mobile home fire ruled accidental
FARMINGTON - Investigators determined a one-alarm fire that destroyed a Hancock Street home and killed some family pets began in the electrical panel, according to fire chief Richard Fowler.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded Wednesday at 10:54 a.m. to 43 Hancock St., a dead-end road off Tappan Street, after a neighbor reported a fire coming from the mobile home.
The fire gutted the home and led to the death of an unspecified number of cats and dogs who perished due to smoke inhalation.
"This was just an unfortunate accident," Fowler said, adding there was nothing the couple could foreseeably do to prevent the fire.
Fowler said the man and woman, who were not home at the time, were insured. He added the home - which sustained heavy fire, water and smoke damage - will have to be removed and replaced.
After the investigation by local firefighters and members of the state Fire Marshal's Office, Fowler said the couple was able to retrieve some pictures and a few other items.
The couple were assisted by members of the American Red Cross and Victim's Inc., which responded to the scene Wednesday.
Local crews were assisted by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and firefighters from Alton, Middleton, Milton, New Durham and Rochester. Wakefield firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 4
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax