Home » News » Public Safety
Farmington mobile home fire ruled accidental
FARMINGTON - Investigators determined a one-alarm fire that destroyed a Hancock Street home and killed some family pets began in the electrical panel, according to fire chief Richard Fowler.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded Wednesday at 10:54 a.m. to 43 Hancock St., a dead-end road off Tappan Street, after a neighbor reported a fire coming from the mobile home.
The fire gutted the home and led to the death of an unspecified number of cats and dogs who perished due to smoke inhalation.
"This was just an unfortunate accident," Fowler said, adding there was nothing the couple could foreseeably do to prevent the fire.
Fowler said the man and woman, who were not home at the time, were insured. He added the home - which sustained heavy fire, water and smoke damage - will have to be removed and replaced.
After the investigation by local firefighters and members of the state Fire Marshal's Office, Fowler said the couple was able to retrieve some pictures and a few other items.
The couple were assisted by members of the American Red Cross and Victim's Inc., which responded to the scene Wednesday.
Local crews were assisted by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and firefighters from Alton, Middleton, Milton, New Durham and Rochester. Wakefield firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garage fire displaces Manchester family - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox win in wild walk-off over O's - 0
- Zakahi named provost, VP of academic affairs at Keene State - 0
- Groundskeeper found electrocuted is identified - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Mass. power tops Pinkerton laxers - 0
- Dartmouth’s Whalen earns 500th coaching victory - 0
- CDFA names Caswell new director - 0
- GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene - 0
- FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester - 0
- On Easter, Pope calls for peace, condemns waste - 0
Sox win in wild walk-off over O's
Cannon closes out season with 46 trails open
FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester
CDFA names Caswell new director
GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene
'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'