Home » News » Public Safety
Farmington mobile home fire ruled accidental
FARMINGTON - Investigators determined a one-alarm fire that destroyed a Hancock Street home and killed some family pets began in the electrical panel, according to fire chief Richard Fowler.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded Wednesday at 10:54 a.m. to 43 Hancock St., a dead-end road off Tappan Street, after a neighbor reported a fire coming from the mobile home.
The fire gutted the home and led to the death of an unspecified number of cats and dogs who perished due to smoke inhalation.
"This was just an unfortunate accident," Fowler said, adding there was nothing the couple could foreseeably do to prevent the fire.
Fowler said the man and woman, who were not home at the time, were insured. He added the home - which sustained heavy fire, water and smoke damage - will have to be removed and replaced.
After the investigation by local firefighters and members of the state Fire Marshal's Office, Fowler said the couple was able to retrieve some pictures and a few other items.
The couple were assisted by members of the American Red Cross and Victim's Inc., which responded to the scene Wednesday.
Local crews were assisted by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and firefighters from Alton, Middleton, Milton, New Durham and Rochester. Wakefield firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 5
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 1
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 0
- Asphalt truck overturns in Jaffrey - 0
- Police to educate Manchester motorists on distracted driving - 7
- Bird's nest may have caused house fire in Hudson - 1
- New Ipswich man burned in garage fire, flown to Boston - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 17
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- Nurse said Exeter Hospital is making her a ‘scapegoat’ in hepatitis case - 0
- Derry council defends officials' purchases - 0
- Nashua librarian reports E-books flying off virtual shelves - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands