action:frontpage | category:NEWS07 | adString:N/A | zoneID:17

Home » News » Public Safety

December 20. 2012 11:41AM

Farmington mobile home fire ruled accidental

FARMINGTON - Investigators determined a one-alarm fire that destroyed a Hancock Street home and killed some family pets began in the electrical panel, according to fire chief Richard Fowler.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded Wednesday at 10:54 a.m. to 43 Hancock St., a dead-end road off Tappan Street, after a neighbor reported a fire coming from the mobile home.

The fire gutted the home and led to the death of an unspecified number of cats and dogs who perished due to smoke inhalation.

"This was just an unfortunate accident," Fowler said, adding there was nothing the couple could foreseeably do to prevent the fire.

Fowler said the man and woman, who were not home at the time, were insured. He added the home - which sustained heavy fire, water and smoke damage - will have to be removed and replaced.

After the investigation by local firefighters and members of the state Fire Marshal's Office, Fowler said the couple was able to retrieve some pictures and a few other items.

The couple were assisted by members of the American Red Cross and Victim's Inc., which responded to the scene Wednesday.

Local crews were assisted by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester and firefighters from Alton, Middleton, Milton, New Durham and Rochester. Wakefield firefighters provided station coverage.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events