Millennium Running gets sponsor for kids' races
The Millennium Running Kids Run Free program secured a long term sponsor.
Student Transportation of America (STA) made a three-year financial commitment to sponsor the program providing free admission to children 11 years of age and under in the Millennium Running's nine-race schedule. Race lengths range from 1 to 10 miles in distance.
Participating kids are also provided free shirts along with free race registration.
"This program is aimed at getting kids and families off the couch to exercise together," stated Millennium Running race founder John Mortimer. "We hope this starts to put a dent in childhood obesity and inspires families to be more healthy together."
Additionally, STA will provide shuttle services for all race participants at the nine races.
READER COMMENTS: 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: Don't believe hype on Medicaid expansion - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Common sense vs. the military's pursuit of political correctness - 0
- Diana Lacey: $50 million in personnel cuts would hurt NH - 26
- Jonah Goldberg: Freedom: the unfolding revolution - 4
- Deroy Murdock: Corruption aside, the IRS has too much Obamacare authority - 8
- Thomas Sowell: There's lots of bad economic thinking in the immigration debate - 0
- Roger Simon: The slacker who came in from the cold - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: Pushing the envelope, NSA-style - 4
- George Will: Slipping the Constitution's leash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time